Users can use two ways to set our product parameters
➤ Using UWB dongle to set parameters
➤ Setting parameters by network
First open the configuration software
1. Double click to open Set.exe
2. Instructions on Setting as depicted below. With any queries encountered while operating, please contact us and inform the model number
Using UWB Dongle to Set Parameters
1. Insert USB dongle into PC
2. Open Set.exe, select Device Set, find the corresponding serial port number of the dongle, click Connect. If the corresponding serial port number can’t be find under the list, click Refresh
3. Click Search to obtain list of Anchor around the area and those that entered setting mode. We recommend to place Anchor that requires setting within 5 meters to UWB dongle for the ease of parameter setting. Too far of a distance may lead to bad signal and failure of setting. Stop Response Tag Power Off is to assist Tag power off
Definition of the parameters as below:
Firmware Version： Equipment firmware version
HVersion： Equipment hardware version
Total： Number of devices on the list
Configure Parameters using OTA - Anchor
OTA (Over-The-Air-Update) feature enables the Anchor parameter to be update wirelessly without the need to physically connect dongle to the PC. To use this feature, please make sure the anchors are connected to the network.
1. Double click to open setting software Set.exe
2. Setting software as shown below, select Anchor Net Set menu. If any problem encountered during setting, please contact us, and provide model number
3. The IP address and communication Port needs to be identical to the Server IP and Server port in correspondence. Click Start Monitor after filling it. Attention: If the connection method is not a wired connection or the server does not exist in the same network between the anchor. The network setting method will only be available if anchor is connected to the network. In addition, the monitoring function only becomes available after the anchor has reported its alias or Id for network configuration.
The 3 anchors highlight above are connected via wired network and exist in the same network as the operating device (PC). Hence, whether or not if the parameters of the anchors are correct or wrong or pre-configured or not, it could still be detected by the software. Additionally, even if there is an error with IP on the anchor, it still has a valid IP address, which indicates the router is connected online and is functional which also means it is ready to assign IP addresses. Attention: Search function is assigned only to wired network or anchor under the same network.
On top of that, if the anchor is connected via LAN, even if there is no internet connection the anchor could still be detected by the software as long as it under the same network, like the screenshot below. The monitoring IP could be any numbers, but the communication protocol could only be any values between 1024 ~ 65535. Click Start Monitor and followed by the Search button to begin searching on anchors under the same network.
Attention : if the IP address of the anchor is 188.8.131.52 this indicates the network connection has failed; thus, the anchor will reboot and try to reconnect.
*Applicable for anchors connected via wired network
Configure Parameters using OTA - Tag
OTA (Over-The-Air-Update) feature enables the Tag parameter to be update wirelessly without the need to physically connect dongle to the PC. To use this feature, please make sure the anchors are connected to the network.
1. Double click setting software Set.exe
2. Navigate to the Tag Online Set menu, if any problem encountered while operating, please contact us and provide model number to check
3. The IP address and communication Port needs to be identical to the Server IP and Server port in correspondence. Click Start Monitor after filling it. Once the connection has been successfully connected, a list of anchors online will be shown.
Attention : The network update for Anchors and TAGs are different. To update a TAG the anchor will have to first receive the information and broadcast it to a TAG.