Use programming software to program Tag firmware
1. Programming Tools
USB programming cable
2. Insert Micro USB of the programming cable to the MicroUSB of Tag, connect the other side to the USB port of computer. Micro USB interface of each module as shown below:
UTAG-H03 is a fully sealed waterproof Tag. Different from those other waterproof Tags such as UTAG-9060 WPC and UTAG-8358 WPC , UTAG-H03 has its cover completely sealed before releasing from the factory, hence special programming cable and method is required, programming cable need to be used with charging cable, magnet and buttons assist entry into programming mode.
Programming Cable and Charging Cable
A. Connect programming cable and charging cable, one connects to PC while then other connects to UTAG-H03
B. Place magnet at top of the red button, hold red button for 7 seconds to enter programming mode, then remove magnet
C. User can now use programming software to proceed with firmware programming
D. After programming completed, continue to hold red button for approximately 7 seconds until UTAG-H03 restart
3. Slide the switch on the programming cable from SW2 to BOOT, then press SW1, Tag will enter programming mode
4. Open the STM32 programming software Flash Loader Demonstrator to program firmware
NOTE: For devices with battery that cannot or difficult to disassemble, such as Tag, slide switch on programming cable to NOR and press SW1 reset button to enter working mode , or else the device will remain in programming mode. For device that battery can be disassembled, users could reassemble the battery after disconnecting the programming cable. And the device normally starts up and enters working mode.
Use UWB Dongle to update Tag firmware over the air (OTA)
1、Insert UWB Dongle to USB port of computer and open RfUpdateApp.exe
2、Select corresponding serial port to UWB Dongle and click Connect
3、Tag firmware update (device that has sleep mode,)
4、After selecting Tag firmware version that user want to update
(1) Ask to Update – no need to tick because this function only applies for device that will not enter sleep mode. But user can restart the Tag, because after device power on It will send a packet to enquire whether to update firmware.
(2) Need Update Version – Can select device with old version that requires update, list box being 0 or space means not specifying old version, all version of devices will be updated. Version number displayed with 16 base, for example 0x20031950 indicates year 2020, 19th March V5.0
Using Network for Tag Firmware Update
(1) Network update software can be divided into Anchor and Tag, please select page according to devices that require update
(2) Select IP of this PC, i.e. Server IP set by anchor
(3) Enter communication Port, i.e. Server Port set by anchor
(4) Click “Start Monitor” to start monitoring anchor enquiring update packet
Note that when starting the network monitoring, the Anchor and Tag pages will open the network monitoring at the same time, but the firmware update can only be done in one option. In addition, the process of the Tag firmware update is that the update program first sends the Tag firmware to all Anchors, and Tag will ask the Anchor if it needs to update the firmware every 10-20 minutes. If Tag needs to be updated, the firmware update between Anchor and Tag will be performed through UWB wireless signal. At this time, the role of Anchor is similar to Dongle in OTA.
2、 Prior proceeding with Tag firmware update, please ensure the Tag firmware update function for all anchor are turned off. Click Start Clear Tag Update En to turn off the function. Software interface will become tag update page only.
Anchor ID：Anchor ID used to update Tag
Firmware Type：Firmware device type for Tag to be updated, Unknow because it has not been selected
Firmware Version：Firmware version for Tag to be updated, Unknow because it has not been selected
Status：Operating status of Anchor
Tag Update En：Tag update status of anchor
3、 After clearing, the tag update function of Anchor is disabled, we can start the tag firmware update.
Pre-work and Precautions
(1) Confirm the Tag is in normal operation mode when updating the Tag firmware.
(2) By default, Tag asks Anchor if it needs firmware update every 10-20 minutes, so the wait time for firmware update is longer. We can reboot Tag to speed up.
(3) Tag firmware update can only update one type at a time.
(4) Before updating, Confirm that all Anchor’s Tag firmware update functions have been disabled. After the update is successful, it is recommended to disable all Anchor’s Tag firmware update functions to avoid accidental updates.
4、 Select “Open File” to select anchor firmware app.hex file that requires anchor, and bootloader.hex is just device guidance file, see image
5、 After confirming that the firmware content is correct, click Start Update to update the network. By default, Anchor will ask the software if it needs to update the tag every 60 seconds. That is, it will start to send the tag firmware to the Anchor after 60 seconds at the latest.
Firmware Type：The type of Tag firmware to be updated, the current type is UTAG-9056-V2.1/2.2
Firmware Version：Tag firmware version to be updated, the current version is 2019-12-30 V5.0
Firmware Size：The size of Tag firmware to be updated, the current firmware size is 48556 bytes
Timeout：Anchor automatically clears the card firmware time to avoid that the tag update function of Anchor is not cancelled and there are other versions of tag firmware in the Anchor, causing the tag to be updated between the two versions. The value 0 means not clearing
6、 Wait for the Anchor to inquire and transfer the tag firmware. The firmware transfer status and tag update status will be displayed in the list below. The upper list is the Anchor status, and the lower list is the Tag update status, as shown in the figure
Anchor List Parameter
Anchor ID：This is the anchor ID used to udpate Tag
Firmware Type：Firmware device type of Tag that requires update, current type is UTAG-9056-V2.1/2.2
Firmware Version：Firmware device type of Tag that requires update, current version is 2019-12-30 V5.0
Status：The operating status of the Anchor, the firmware has been successfully transferred-Trans Successful
Tag Update En：Anchor's updated Tag function status
Tag list parameters
Tag ID：Tag ID
Type：Tag device type
Firmware Version：Tag firmware version
Update Status：The current update status of the tag. No Update means that the Anchor is currently in the process of tag update, and the firmware update status of the tag has not been judged yet
Click Start Update button then there will be an attention site that enquires whether Tag update function of anchor is turned off already
7、 After completion of update, turn off all Anchor Tag update function